Brubacher trains over 40 employees in PEC Basic- SafeLand USA Orientation
April 22, 2011
During the spring of 2011,Brubacher Excavating, Inc. (BEI) trained and certified in excess of 40 field and management employees with the basic SafeLand USA safety awareness designation. This course is designed to take the place of multiple Operator orientations and to give each student a general idea of life and safety issues in the oil and gas industry, upstream, downstream, onshore or offshore. This one-day program meets API RP 75 & API RP T-1 requirements and provides a basic understanding at an awareness level of certain general safety information that an employee should know before entering a company facility and while performing their assigned work duties.
This is an essential course for any employee that is new to the O&G and Petrochem industry that will consistently be working in plant or onshore facilities. This is required for any employee of a company that does exploration, production, drilling and/or refining work for any of the leading operators.
Over 25 of the leading oil and gas operators accept this orientation as it meets their requirements. Upon successful completion of the course, each Brubacher employee was issued a picture ID with a unique barcode. The student information is then stored in an online national database. This orientation has become the standard program for the industry and certifies a student at awareness level for the following:
• To prepare the student to know what types of additional training they will need in order to work for the various operators at onshore oil and gas facilities.
• To create a mind set in each student that will help them to play an active role in the safety program at their work facility.
• To explain to each student the value of asking questions when they do not understand a certain aspect of their job.
• To ensure that each employee that has completed this program has an identification card indicating that they have completed the course.
PEC/Premier SafeLandUSA Basic Certification Topics included:
• Confined Space
• Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S)
• Fall Protection
• Hazmat (HM 126)
• Hazardous communications
• Personal Protective Equipment
• Hearing Conservation
• Emergency Response
• Process Safety Management
• Welding Safety
• Defensive Driving
• Hazwoper (Operator)
• Fire Protection
• Medical Records
• Forklift Safety
• Respiratory Protection
• Electrical Safety
• Back Safety
• Alcohol and substance abuse awareness